Odesa Gay Pride – 2019
• 300+ participants from Ukraine
• 30 participants from Munich
• 50+ observers from international organizations
• 6 representatives of European Embassies
• 300+ positive or neutral publications in the media
• Attract the attention of city residents to discrimination of the local LGBT community
• Enlist the support of international public organizations
• Enlist the support of a progressive western community
• Discussion “The topic of homosexuality in contemporary art”
• City quest “Odesa: how diversity has become the key to success”
• Discussion “Do human rights affect investment attractiveness of the city?
• Discussion of the human rights situation in Odesa and the region
• Workshop series “Sexuality, self-acceptance, pride”
• Festival of LGBT Choirs and Creativity Q-Fest
• March of equality
MARCH OF EQUALITY
• Participants gathered in a Greek park, where they stretched out a huge rainbow flag (LGBT symbol) and rallied for about an hour under the slogans: “Happy people are a happy city” and “Human rights are above all.”
• After The Equality March passed along Primorsky Boulevard, Dumskaya Square, the first quarter of Pushkinskaya street and stopped near the building of the prosecutor’s office in Odesa Region.
• A rally with an “open microphone” was held here, during which the organizers said that this year they went further than in previous years and this is a big victory
• During the march, police and national guardsmen monitored the law and order and security of all citizens, regardless of their views and beliefs – isolated attempts at provocations were immediately blocked, so clashes between participants and opponents of the rally were avoided.